Jacksonville Bankruptcy Law Information
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy — Discharge your unsecured debts through a liquidation.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy — If you have significant assets you wish to preserve, the repayment plan of a reorganization can offer a real solution.
- Stopping creditor harassment — The automatic stay of personal bankruptcy puts an immediate halt to collection activity.
- Debt consolidation — Debt consolidation may leave you deeper in debt than when you began. Be very careful.
- Stopping wage garnishments — Bankruptcy is one of the only tools with which to fight a wage garnishment.
- Stopping foreclosures — Chapter 13 utilizes the automatic stay to stop foreclosure proceedings and its repayment plan can help you become current on your mortgage.
- Improving your credit score — Within 15 months after bankruptcy you can begin rebuilding your credit.
- Credit repair — There are many steps you can take, in addition to bankruptcy, in order to repair your credit.
- Bankruptcy and divorce — Consulting a lawyer about bankruptcy before you file for divorce may aid in addressing marital debt before the divorce process begins.
- Issues with short sales — There are a number of pitfalls of short sales that individuals should be aware of before moving forward with a short sale.
- Issues with foreclosures — Educating yourself on foreclosure issues, and foreclosure alternatives, can help you understand how a foreclosure may impact your life.
- Medical bills and credit card debt — Both types of debt are considered unsecured and are dischargeable in bankruptcy.
- What can be discharged and exemptions — A listing of types of dischargeable debts, and what constitutes secured and unsecured debts.
- Life after bankruptcy — With the majority of your unsecured debt discharged, you can begin to build the life you want to build.
Contact a Jacksonville Personal Bankruptcy Lawyer
To learn more about the opportunity that bankruptcy offers in helping you get a fresh start, about filing Chapter 7 and 13, bankruptcy reorganization and rebuilding your credit, call (904) 396-5557 or use the online contact form to schedule your free initial consultation with one of our Jacksonville bankruptcy lawyers.